For the best price available on the Twin Troller X10, visit the manufacturer’s web site Freedom Electric Marine.com. The Twin Troller is no longer available from PortableKayaks.com.
For an objective review of the Twin Troller, visit FlyFishingWithJeff.com.
The Twin Troller X10 by Freedom Electric Marine is a two person fishing boat that features a patented electric propulsion system and hands free foot control. The boat will move in any direction based on the amount of pressure used on the foot pedals. There are two 36 pound thrust trolling motors (made by MotorGuide) that are built in under the boat, protected by guards that allow water to pass easily through while keeping weeds and other debris out. The X10 will operate in as little as 8 inches of water.
The Twin Troller X10 can “turn on a dime”, move straight forward, straight backwards or rotate 360 degrees very easily. This makes the boat perfect for getting into tight locations. The Twin Troller concept makes it super easy to adjust to windy conditions, too. All this and it’s “hands free”! Operating the boat with your feet gives you freedom that you can’t find in any other fishing boat on the market.
Available in 2 color choices:
- Blackwater Beige (Most Popular Color)
- Clear Water Blue (May require a longer waiting period for availability)
- Twin Troller boats are very stable due to the pontoon hull design and vacuum effect of the patented propulsion system. The pontoons on each side of the boat contain recessed motors and provide outstanding boat stability in a small boat. In addition, the construction material used in the boats is actually lighter than an equal amount of water, which makes the boat virtually unsinkable.
- Freedom Electric Marine offers a full 5 year warranty on the X10 hull! Twin Troller boats are roto-molded using state-of-the art SURPASS® polyethylene resin. The resin is both lighter and much tougher than fiberglass. It’s easy molding characteristics allow the hull to be roto-molded in one piece, complete with features such as equipment trays and cup holders.
- The hull is free of seams and joints, and wipes clean easily. Color is molded throughout the part, making minor scratches disappear. SURPASS® polyethylene, used both for the hull shell and the integral foam core, maintains high impact strength, from summer heat to minus 40 degrees. The hull resin is UV protected for a long outdoor life and can be recycled.
- These durable design features make the Twin Troller very economical to own, under $30 a year for operation, clean up and maintenance.
- Twin Troller Propulsion System
- Recessed / Protected Motors
- Hands Free Foot Control
- Durable Hull Construction and Sleek Hull Design
- Padded Swivel Seats, Seat Rails and Frames
- Battery Compartment
- Motor Mount
- Drain Plug
- Reel Pockets
- Cup Holders
- Equipment Storage Tray
- Wiring Tray
- Measuring Tool
Twin Troller Specifications:
- Shallow Draft – 6-8 inches
- Length – 10 feet
- Width – 48 inches (fits in standard pickup bed)
- Height – 18 inches
- Weight – 175 lbs.
- Weight Capacity 565 lbs.
- Outboard Power Rating – 2 HP
- Electric Motors – (2) 36 lb. Thrust
- Battery Life – 6-8 hrs. (estimate based on conditions and series 29 deep cycle marine battery)
- Top Speed – 4-6 MPH (based on conditions)
- Saltwater Compatible
- 5 Year Limited Hull Warranty