Innova Swing 1 Inflatable Kayak
The new Innova Swing 1 inflatable kayak is the solo version of the series. Looks like a hard shell, but it's inflatable!
Click to enlarge image(s)
Swing 1 Inflatable Kayak Specifications:
RIVER RATING: Class II
LENGTH: 10 feet 6 inches
WIDTH: 33 inches
WEIGHT: 22 pounds
AIR CHAMBERS: 3
CAPACITY: 220 pounds (1 person)
PACKED DIM: 27 inches by 15 inches by 9 inches
MATERIAL: LitePack™ hull treated with Teflon® water repellent - No PVC!
INCLUDES: Tracking fin, repair kit
Innova Swing kayaks are fast, green, and light. Decked inflatable boats with handsome lines that cut through the water perfectly. Swing kayaks inflate in about 5 minutes and easily dry off and pack away.
* The Swing uses an efficient "tubeless" system. The hulls are made of rip-stop polyester fabric, rubber-coated on the interior for air-retention, and Teflon®-treated on the outside for water repellency and stain resistance.
* The air-holding seams are vulcanized and permanently bonded (similar to the way in which tires are vulcanized). Each chamber is individually tested at the factory for air retention.
* The Swing “tubeless” construction parallels what tire manufacturers went to decades ago - it is inherently light, but it also inflates to a higher pressure than competing bladder kayaks (3-psi vs 2-psi). The higher pressure means that the Swings are stiffer in rough water and have snappier paddling performance.
* Other decked inflatable kayaks are built using an unreinforced vinyl bladder inside a zip-on skin. This technique results in a heavier boat...and the potential for water to get trapped making it difficult to dry and pack away.
* Swing decks are urethane-coated with zippered access for gear storage and cleaning ease. The decks shed water quickly and easily.
* The deck support system uses aluminum arches fore and aft of the cockpit openings. These arches are set crosswise and provide a deck shape and structure. The arches contribute to the stiffness of the Swing for paddling in rough water. These arches can be removed easily for a compact folded package, or left in the kayak for a slightly larger folded size.
* The decks have fore-and-aft zippers for ease of gear access and cleaning the boat. The aft zippered deck opens completely in two flaps for full access. Each deck is provided with gear bungees
* The Swing has carrying handles on each ends. An optional spray skirt is available for the Swing cockpits.
* Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) is increasingly being recognized as a material of significant environmental concern. Environmentally conscious companies such as L.L. Bean have a PVC-free policy on the products they sell. The Swing is free of PVC.
* Each kayak is divided into three separate air chambers for safety. The valves are sophisticated “bayonet” style units set flush with the fabric surface. A pressure relief valve is installed in the kayak floor chamber to relieve possible overpressure. Setup time with a manual pump is about 5 minutes.